Leica Summicron-S 100mm f/2 ASPH
The Leica Summicron-S 100mm f/2 ASPH lens is equivalent to 80mm in the 35mm format. This lens is characterized by its fast f/2 maximum aperture for selective focus control and low-light shooting capabilities. The longer-than-normal focal length of the lens contributes to notable subject isolation while providing a natural looking perspective that is well-suited to portraiture applications.
Dedicated to the Leica S-series of medium-format digital cameras, this lens features an autofocus design along with electronic body-based aperture control. Housed within a metal barrel, this lens is dust and weather-resistant.
- This short-telephoto prime is designed for Leica S medium format cameras and is a portrait-length prime designed to excel in a wide variety of shooting conditions.
- Electronic aperture control is supported via the camera body's control dial.
- Three elements are made from glass with anomalous partial dispersion while another is made from high-refraction extra-low dispersion glass. Together, the combination of these low dispersion elements help to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations and produce greater image clarity and sharpness.
- Within the seven-elements-in-five-groups optical design, a single floating element independently moves during focusing to ensure greater image quality when working at closer focusing distances.
- One double aspherical element works to correct monochromatic aberrations and also reduces the overall weight of the lens.
- Compatible with the Leica S (Typ 006) camera with firmware version 220.127.116.11 or later and the Leica S2/S2-P cameras with firmware version 18.104.22.168 or later.