Leica APO-Tele-Elmar-S 180mm f/3.5 ASPH (CS)
The Leica APO-Elmar-S 180mm f/3.5 CS Lens is a superior-quality telephoto characterized by an extremely wide lens opening to enable a shallow depth of field. This lens displays consistently high image performance utilizing an inner focusing system with a floating element.
The APO-Elmar-S 180mm f/3.5 CS is equipped with an integrated Central (leaf) Shutter. Photographers can activate the shutter via the camera's main switch and it enables flash units to be used at a 1/500 second shutter speed.
It displays maximum performance across the entire image field at all apertures. With a broad effective range of focus, it is possible to produce images at a 1:7 scale. With its special lens elements, chromatic aberrations, distortion, and vignetting have been minimized.
- Lens has its own Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control.
- S-bayonet mount ensures rapid and precise digital exchange of data and commands between the camera and lens.
- Generous focus ring with just the right amount of drag, letting the photographer override the autofocus at any time.
- The lens is produced to extremely narrow tolerances, with each lens centered by hand, guaranteeing optical performance.
- Shutter has an electronically-controlled drive guaranteeing reliable, fast exposure times and low energy consumption.
- This lens is designed with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces.