Leica APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120mm f/2.5 (CS)
The Leica APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120mm f/2.5 CS Lens is a close-up lens with a reproduction scale of 1:2 and a high-speed telephoto. This lens, with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces, displays consistently high image performance utilizing an inner focusing system with a floating element.
Due to its superb cloase-u and telephoto capabilities this lens is suited for many applications. It displays maximum performance even at full aperture settings. Chromatic aberrations, distortion, and vignetting have been minimized to such a high degree that the need for quality-degrading image corrections and simplifying digital post-processing is substantially reduced.
- Lens has its own Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control.
- This lens is designed with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces.
- S-bayonet mount ensures rapid and precise digital exchange of data and commands between the camera and lens.
- The integrated Central (leaf) Shutter allows flash units to be used at the fastest shutter speed of 1/500 second, giving photographers more options for suppressing unwanted ambient light. The shutter also has an electronically-controlled drive guaranteeing reliable, fast exposure times and low energy consumption.
- Generous focus ring with just the right amount of drag, letting the photographer override the autofocus at any time.
- The lens is produced to extremely narrow tolerances, with each lens centered by hand, guaranteeing superior quality and optical performance.