This view camera body is delivered with a 6.9" monorail as well as a 5.9" bellows to permit working with a variety of focal lengths. The monorail is designed to fit within the Arca-Swiss style quick release system for easy mounting to a tripod, and is also fitted with both 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 mounts for attaching quick release plates. Optional lensplates and interface plates can be added depending on your desired lens and back combination, and the monorail and bellows are also interchangeable with optional wide-angle and longer versions of each.
A full system of movements offers extensive control over perspective and focusing settings. Geared on-axis tilt and swing movements are performed on the front standard and the rear standard permits geared rise/fall and lateral shift movements:
- Rear Rise/Fall: +0.5", -0.6" / +12mm, -15mm
- Rear Shift: ± 0.8" / 20mm
- Front Swing: 360°
- Front Tilt: +10°, -9°
- Both fine geared and quick-slide focusing adjustment types are available.
- Bellows and monorail focusing allows you to achieve closer focusing distances without the use of extension tubes or other macro attachments.
- Zero-position clicks are incorporated into each movement type for more intuitive handling.
- Infinity marks are engraved into the monorail for quick focus setting of various Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.
- Monorail is compatible with the Arca-Swiss-style quick release system and also features both 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 mounts.
- Front tilts and swings allow you to alter the plane of focus for employing selective focus techniques or Scheimpflug settings for extensive depth of field. Additionally, these tilt and swing movements are used to correct for convergence and other perspective distortions.
- Rear horizontal and vertical shifts allow you to move the back's position while retaining the same lens position, making this configuration especially ideal for stitching multiple exposures without having to adjust the lens.
- The optional digital back interface plates allow you to rotate between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations without having to adjust the actual orientation of the view camera body.
- This black finish body is anodized for greater durability and scratch resistance.
- Compact overall form factor is relative to the size of medium format digital backs.
As the central component within the modular ACTUS-DB system, the DB2 view camera body serves as the means to which you can attach a variety of optional interface plates and lensplates:
- Copal #0
- Copal #1
- Cambo WRS
- SLW-80 for Hasselblad V
- SLW-89 for Hasselblad H
- SLW-87 for Contax 645
- SLW-83 for Phase One IQ3 (XF/DF)
- SLW-88 Mamiya 645 AFD
- SLW-81 for Leaf Afi or Sinar/Rollei Hy6
- Also compatible with WRS-1068 Rear Plate for Mamiya RB film backs and WDS-619 Ground Glass Frame